I'm not so sure how well this blog will work out. I tend to set things like this up, then neglect them terribly! So again, we'll see if I can manage to maintain this new resolve of mine.
What new resolve you may ask? Its a valid question, seeing as I brought the subject of a resolve up quite abruptly. My new resolve it to keep a blog at least as well as I've kept a journal this past year. (In case you were wondering, I have written in my journal nearly every day, thanks to my roommate of last year Liz Hale.)
I suppose the best way to start is to say hello! I'm Melissa, aka methebookworm. As you may have guessed I like to read. A lot. Its kind of sad really. Sad because I don't have time to read any more. I am a full time college student at Utah State University, majoring in English, and I work part time as an office assistant in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry office. I'm gone from 9:00-3:30 on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and from 7:30-5:00 on Thursday and Friday. I'm taking 4 different english classes, a US history class, and I'm in the women's choir.
I really like english. It has so many different facets. For example, I'm taking an elements of grammar class, an American literary history class, an orientation class, and a literary analysis class. All very different and fascinating in their own ways.
Working in the Chemistry and Biochemistry office is fun. I get to do all sorts of random projects, greet visitors, and answer the few phone calls the office gets. It is much like the job I had at Mountain View, only more challenging.
My roommates this year are very cool! I'm so blessed to get two sets of awesome roommates two years in a row! My room-roommate is Liz Duke (not to be confused with Liz Hale, a roommate from last year, or Liz Gubler, a friend from home). She is a freshman and likes to read. Not as much as me, but it would be unfair to hold others to my standard ;). My other roommates are Carlie Morrison (freshman), Alex Jensen (sophomore), and McKensie Crowthers (sophomore). We all get along smashingly.
I am looking forward to visiting home this coming weekend. I love and miss my family!
Way to go, Miss, on starting a blog! We will love keeping up with your exciting life as a college student.
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the blog world. I would love to hear what you are reading, espcially in your English classes.
ReplyDelete